Sunday, February 21, 2010

Duro Olowu

London's fashion week is off to a GREAT start! I have to admit that I hadn't heard of Nigerian born Duro Olowu but a little googling says that he's been around since 2004. Either way, I'm really glad I came across his collection. It's probably the only collection that I think I could wear straight off the runway. I love his vibrant mix of florals and geometrical shapes. The unlikely color combinations and the subtle touches of African prints is amazing. He said that he was listening to "dub" when he got inspiration for this collection which might explain the prolific use of Orange in this collection...





PS: Love the Oxfords with the sweater dress combo....yet another way I could wear my Oxfords..Can't wait for better weather!
PSS: Big shout out to africans doing big things! (yes its cheesy and I said it! WHAT?)

No comments: