Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fall 2010- RTW

The NY Mercedes Benz Fashion week is over and for the most part this years designs are uninspired. There is a lot of repetition; for example the Ralph Lauren collection is still synching sweaters like Michelle Obama has been doing since 2007. Most of the designers looks seem lazy in a very "been-there-done-that" kind of way...I know the past two years were affected by the state of the global economy but whats this years excuse? I find myself snoozing while looking at the latest looks but thats not to say that they are all bad....I like L'Wren Scotts take on the military look in these two ensembles...
One thing I noticed about most of the houses is that the hems are going even higher next fall so get ready to hit the hip abductor machine even harder at the gym...or at least do some squats and lunges.
Moving on to Londons fashion week. Crossing my fingers for some semblence of originality....

No comments: